When I discovered these wonderful reclaimed redwood boards, I instantly thought of a making an Art Block with it. My husband cut them down into 5 x 8 blocks for me and then I went to work.
The finished piece features a painted, stenciled, and stamped canvas. Modeling pasted was used with the stencil to add dimension and texture. The only hard-wire on the piece is the wire at the top of the woodblock and the grommet on the lower right portion of the canvas. Acrylic paint and sprays gave the piece it’s color. I am liking the simple but rustic look.
- Pebeo, Modeling Paste
- The Crafters Workshop, Stencil – Mini Raven Mosaic
- Stampendous, Clear stamps – Agapanthus Thanks
- DecoArt, Metallics paint
- Prima Art Basics, White Gesso
- M. Graham & Co., Gloss Medium & Varnish
- Ranger, Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Acrylic Paint sprays
Looking forward to creating more wonderful pieces with these beautiful reclaimed redwood blocks!