Had some fun in the craft room tonight while making this Mixed Media – Steam Punk project on a 5″ x 5″ flat canvas.
I keep a drawer of little trinkets, bits and pieces that I find (or have left over from other projects) for use on projects like this one. I find it so much fun to pull out these random items, finger through them, and then select what ever suits my fancy in that given moment. This time an old make-up brush first caught my eye. I love how there are little points of interest where ever you look…an elephant, locket, the moon, etc. There really are no rules!
The back ground is a combination of modeling paste over stencils along with some old hemming lace. Neutralizing all the different textures and finishes with Black Gesso really helps bring it all together; not to mention the metallic paint and white highlights.
- Misc. trinkets, buttons, bolts and embellishments
- TCW Stencil – TCW5885
- Catherine Pooler, Die cut (harlequin frame-die cut and used as stencil)
- Pebeo, Modeling Paste HD
- DecoArt, Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint
- My Tattered Angel, Glimmer Mist
- Hemming Lace
- Faber-Castell, PITT Artist Pen
- Tim Holtz, Ideology – Quote Chips
- M. Graham & Co., Gloss Medium & Varnish
- Finnabair – Art Basics, Black Gesso
- Clearsnap, Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink
I hope you are all having a great week!