Sharing the card I have made for the Stamp, Ink and Paper Blog Challenge #122 – Washi Tape.
For this card I tried the “Retiform” technique that designer, Hetty featured on the Club Scrap Blog (http://clubscrap.com/1017-technique-retiform/) . This technique is a process of masking off and shading different areas to create cool geometric patterns (see the link above for Hetty’s instructions).
After I created a Retiform style background I used Distress Oxide ink to age and distress the panel. I then stamped a saying and flower image in black ink. Finally, I added some Washi tape to the left middle of the focal panel and additionally embellished with a few brads. The panel was then adhered to a card base.
- Club Scrap Scandinavia Stamp set
- Catherine Pooler Inks; All that jazz, Mint to be, Tutti Fruiti
- Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink; Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Walnut Stain
- Tsukineko, Versafine Oxyn Black ink
- Bo Bunny, brads
- Washi Tape
- White & light blue cards stock
I enjoyed trying out a new technique while making this card and think I will use this retiform technique more often!
Hope you all have a great weekend!