This Valentine’s Day Art Journal project is all about collaboration. I was super excited to be able to use the Goggle Girl “Crazy Heart” image (designed by Fine Artist Carrie Sue of Carrie Sue Fine Art Illustrations) as my focal point for this page.
Carrie Sue is a wonderful artist with a cool and unique line of Goggle Girls that will surely amaze you! Check out Carrie’s art work at: Carrie Sue Fine Art and Illustration – Facebook.
I thought Crazy Heart would look best against a grunge backdrop of red and black. This background was created by using layers of “stencils and ink” along with “stencils and texture paste”. Color was added using Glimmer Mist sprays. Crazy Heart was adhered to a piece of patterned paper and then framed with washi tape. Just a few embellishments finished off this design.
- Carrie Sue Fine Art and Illustrations – Crazy Heart Goggle Girl
- My Tattered Angels – Glimmer Mist
- Washi tape
- Ranger – Texture paste and Archival ink
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Small Talk Occastions
- American Crafts -Shimelle Stencil
- TCW – Balzer Designs Stenicl
- DecoArt Americana – Pixelated Stencil
- DecoArt – Premium White Gesso
- Art Basics – Black Gesso
- Want 2 Scrap – Self adhesive bling
- Junk Jewelry and other metal embellishments
It was a delight to collaborate with Carrie Sue on this project and I hope you will check out her other work on this link provided above.
Happy Valentines Day!