Happy National Craft Month! Hope you all are getting some nice creative time in during this month of crafty celebration. I spent the other evening working on this mixed media project using wood, acrylics, and ink. I really enjoy mixing things up by using different substrates and mediums. A wooden block, candle stick holder and finial are a great way to achieve a different approach to mixed media. Use these wood products along with a napkin, a little paint, ink and…BOOM, you have a great craft project completed.
- A wood block covered with a pretty napkin and then coated with gesso (after the adhesive had dried).
- Texture paint applied randomly to bring in some additional texture.
- Additional layers created by adding some dots with a rubber stamp and archival ink. The flower and saying were also stamped with archival ink.
- Acrylic paints used to color the flower image.
- Wood candle holder and finial painted with gesso.
- Entire image sealed with a layer of varnish.
- Elements adhered together with mixed media adhesive.
- Wood block, candle stick holder, & finial
- Design Design Inc, napkin
- DecoArt Americana
- Acrylic paint, Royal Fuchsia & Cadmium Orange
- Texture paint
- DuraClear Satin Varnish
- Ranger Archival ink, Jet Black & Magenta Hue
- Art Basics, Soft Gloss Gel
- Stampendous stamps, flower image
- Bo Bunny stamps, dots