“No Body Here”? Yep, that is the theme for this week’s challenge over on the Lost Coast Designs’ Portal of Creativity Blog. With a few their really cool stamps, Nuance Powders and some other supplies; I made this card full of layers and dimension.
Lost Coast Designs Stamps and Products used:
- Start with water color paper and first wet it down with a few sprays of water. Then drop some Nuance powder down over the wet paper and let the color spread. Add more water to get more movement from the powders and then dry. Repeat this step with a few colors until to achieve the desire effect.
- Stamp the Large Domino stamp over the bottom of the piece that you just colored (see card for placement), using Cool Graphite Archival ink.
- Splatter the piece with some watered down black paint. Allow to dry or heat set.
- Cover the entire image with DuraClear Matte Varnish. Note: the Nuance powders may spread a bit when doing this and that is ok. I just applied the varnish from left to right so I would have some direction to the smears. Allow to Dry or Heat set.
- Stamp the Art Doll image onto the center of this element with Jet Black Archival Ink. Again, see card above for reference.
- On separate piece of white card stock, stamp the bee image from the More Bugz set with Archival ink (Jet Black). Coat with matte varnish and allow to dry. When dry, give it a close trim with your scissors.
- Use PITT pens to add color to your Art Doll and Bee images.
- Adhere Bee stamp over domino in center of Art Doll. I left the wing free and bent them up for some additional dimension.
- Link two metal gears and a clock arm together with a brad and then adhered them over the face of the Art Doll.
- Adhere this entire piece onto a black card base.
- Add washi tape to upper left and lower right corner.
- Add Adhesive enamel dots over washi tape.
Other products used:
- Ranger Archival ink, Jet Black & Cool Graphite
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Washi tape
- Adhesive Enamel Dots
- Metal Gears, clock arm, brad
- Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint, Lamp Black
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
Hope you give these Lost Coast Design’s stamps a try on a project you are working on soon! Don’t forget to join in on the “Nobody Here” Challenge. You can do so by linking your project to the “Nobody Here” blog post. Just click on the image below and it will take you right to the blog site.