It’s Day 2 of the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Fridafest Blog Hop! So, once you check out my Fridafest inspiration piece below…hop onto to the next blog for more creative Frida Fun!
For today’s project, I drew my inspiration from a colorful Mexican blanket, like the ones pictured below.
I love the bands of color with strips of white in between. So pretty! With the bright and beautiful colors of Mexico, it is so easy for find inspiration. Again, I hope you will find inspiration from this photo as well as my Fridafest Day 2 card below!
Lost Coast Designs:
- Chalk ink
- Permanent Ink
- White Pen
- Sticker gems
- Double sided mounting tape
- Black & White Cardstock
- Water Color pencils
- Apply chalk ink to cardstock panel in bands of color, as shown below.
- Stamp Doodle Flower Background stamp with permanent black ink.
- Sketch lines and dots with white pen.
- Stamp Floral Frida image onto white cardstock with permanent black ink.
- Cut a square out of black cardstock and sketch a border with a white pen.
- Trim doodle flower panel to card size, wrap in center with twine and prep with double sided mounting tape. Prep black square panel with mounting tape as well.
- Assemble panels and adhere to card base. Add additional white pen sketches and embellishments.
- Sketch coordinating colors of watercolor pencils around Frida image and blend. Color lips. Sketch border with white pen.
- Adhere Frida image to card front and embellish with flower button and sticker gems.
Be sure to go the the next blog for more Fridafest inspiration for more Fridafest inspiration. Also remember to leave comments for a chance to win (see Lost Coast Design Blog Hop post for details). What a wonderful way to celebrate the amazing works of Frida Kahlo!
Blog Hop List:
Click Here for Blog Hop main post
A Company(s) that I am affiliated with or Design for may have provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.